Friday, May 21, 2010

1 month later...

I saw my neurologist yesterday and he has great news and mildly annoying news.

The great news is that ALL my test have come back completely normal. Praise God! I am very healthy and everything looks as it should. No evidence is there for any cause of TIA/Stroke. Also no evidence of migraine variant, since that won't show up on tests.

The mildly annoying news is that they may never know the cause. Ever. So can I prevent this in the future? Yes, by continuing to take Plavix. I'm not having an adverse reactions to the meds at all aside form the easy bruising issue, which isn't all that big of a deal. I will continue to be under the care and supervision of my neurologist, but don't have to see him again until August unless I have another episode or other problems.

What I continue to hear through ALL of this is God telling me to just be patient and trust Him.

Jeremiah 29:11 says: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." He is telling me that I don't have to know the why, the how, and the when, I just need to trust Him with my future and know that his promises can be relied upon. Always.

So on I go. I am feeling really pretty well and fairly normal (for me, at least) these days, still battling fatigue, but am trying to get back to regular exercise at my doctor's recommendation. I am looking forward to the next few months "off" to spend time really resting my body and spending time with so many I haven't seen since school/chaos started last fall. Thank you so much, my loved ones, for all your prayers and support!

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly what I am afraid of hearing...we know you've had widespread pain for years, we don't know why. Bleh.

    Who knew growing old together would happen so soon?!?

    ReplyDelete