Sunday, July 5, 2015

Blessed

The past three days have been hard.  Very hard.  Feeling particularly bad since last Thursday and disappointed/frustrated in my lack of improvement.  Not my favorite.  But last night one of my dearest friends and closest confidantes in the wide world, one who sees me, knows me, and knows my struggle, challenged me to write something every day about how I am blessed or what I was thankful for. Not easy today, but a much needed paradigm shift.  So here it goes.  One blessing for each of these very difficult three days and one extra for tomorrow:

  1. I am beyond thankful for my husband of 25 years who stands with me and supports me through the hardest things.  He listens to my pain, sits with me when I cry, and loves me regardless.  He helps me wherever he can and encourages me when there are things only I can do.  I honestly don’t know how I would keep going without him. 
  2. Air conditioning.  It’s July in the Sacramento Valley.  Enough said.
  3. 3Exactly-the-right-level-of-ripe nectarines from a roadside fruit stand, just a few miles and a few hours removed from the trees that grew them.  Golden perfect reminder of teen summers spent working at a nectarine ranch fruit stand.
  4.  People from all phases of my life, near and far, who have reached out to me to encourage me in this part of my journey, share their own stories, and give me solutions/thoughts that worked for them.  It means the world that you would take the time to communicate and let me know you hear me, you see my challenges, and you care. 

The point in all of this is that God is good and faithful no matter what is hard in my world.  To quote my friend Susie, even on bad days, “There’s a lot of good.”

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.” 

2 Corinthians 4:8-9

2 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    I wish I could be there to give you hugs and pray for you in person. I guess Cyber Space will have to do. Know that my prayers are with you in spirit and in truth. I proclaim God’s words over you. His promises are true. The word of the Lord will not return void. They will accomplish what they are sent out to do. They will uphold you with a righteous right hand and they will be victorious over the enemy. – I Love you, Friend - Christina-

    I pray, in the name of Jesus, for sickness to be off you. Body, you work right; you work in the way that the Lord created you and intended you to function. Every cell, come into the obedience of the Knowledge of God’s word. Every organ, be restored to function with the perfect balance of working together along with other parts. Kathleen, I speak life to you in the name of Jesus. You have clarity of mind! You are Fit! You are Strong! You are healthy! You are without limits! You are healed! Fatigue, be off of Kathleen. Pain and discomfort, I bind you and cast you out. Mysterious illness, I say to you, “You do not belong here”. I command you to GO! Now! In the name of Jesus. Kathleen received her healing when Jesus went to the whipping post. Let her healing manifest this day for the Kingdom of Heaven is here. Heaven hears my voice and agrees with me in power and authority. Enemy, you hear and obey! Kathleen - BE HEALED! In Jesus name! THIS IS THE LORDS WILL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *tears* Thank you, precious life-long friend. Much love.

      Delete